Fire Damage Repair & Restoration
Fire Damage Restoration
We have more than 40 years of experience restoring buildings after a fire
The Fire Restoration Process
- Inspection and Assessment
- Secure the Building
- Water Removal and Environmental Drying
- Remove Smoke and Soot
- Clean and Sanitize all Surfaces
- Building Restoration – Replacing Building Elements Lost to the Fire
Handling Smoke Damage after a Fire – Getting Soot and Smoke Out
You may be anxious to clean your home after a fire, but unless you take the time to get professional advice, you may be wasting your efforts or creating further damage. Contact your insurance agency immediately once the fire is out. He or she can provide advice on restoration or replacement of damaged items. If you rent, notify the owner so both of you can assess the damage.
Your Insurance Company Might Recommend a Restoration Company
You might be tempted to just go with whatever fire damage restoration company your insurance carrier suggests because “it’s easy” or you’re overwhelmed by your loss. But as the insured, you have the right to use whomever you feel is best qualified to assist you. USR certified and trained professionals can provide hints to prevent further damage, help determine which items can or cannot be refurbished, and provide estimates and services for thoroughly cleaning and deodorizing your home. Our services are priced competitively, and we work with all insurance companies to make sure that your home is properly repaired during all fire damage restoration projects.
Preventing Further Damage After the Fire
There are a few things you might be able to do to minimize fire damage on your own:
- Be sure you have permission from your Fire Marshall to safely re-enter your home before doing anything. You should not, under any circumstances, enter a fire damaged building if it is structurally unsound or services have not been turned off.
- Get the air moving. Open windows to ventilate areas. Bring in a generator and install a fan to circulate air. Any chemicals or particulates that can be exhausted from the house do not need to be removed chemically.
- If there has been substantial water damage and the weather is warm, you will probably need to keep the windows shut and run a dehumidifier. You need to dry out the indoor space to prevent mold growth.
- In cold weather, open the windows and use the cold air to assist in drying.
- Change your furnace filter daily until it shows no soot.
- Brass and copper items should be cleaned using brass or copper cleaner (smoke can etch brass or copper in 24 hours).
- Place aluminum foil or plastic food wrap under furniture legs.
- Remove oriental rugs or other colored rugs from wet wall-to-wall carpeting.
- Cover dry, clean items with plastic while repairs are in progress.
Avoid Making the Fire Damage Worse
- Don’t attempt to clean walls and upholstery without knowing how to do so properly. You risk spreading soot and setting odors.
- Don’t attempt to clean or operate appliances and other electrical devices before they have been inspected by a fire restoration professional.
- Don’t use ceiling fans to circulate air if the nearby ceiling and walls have suffered fire or water damage. They might be electrical hazzards!
- Don’t send fabrics to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning might make smoke odor permanent.
Why Choose US Restoration to Help with your Fire Damage?
We are experts in fire restoration of your home or commercial business. We’ll inspect the damages and create a fire restoration plan that minimizes your loss and speeds up your restoration time. We’ll work with you and your insurance company every step of the way. We also guarantee your 100% satisfaction.
Wayne and his team did a professional and thorough job and were a pleasure to work with every step of the way. They made a very difficult situation a little more bearable. We would gladly engage US Restoration again should the need arise as they are an extremely...
Thank you Wayne for the warm regards. The work that has been completed by your team in our recovery efforts has put a smile on many faces. Not only members of our mill, but from across the company when they see the improvement that has been made. Your staff's...
onsite service in four hours or less.
Disasters don't wait. neither do we.
Call us today
Request a Service
US Restoration provides property remediation services throughout the South Atlantic states.
Call on us to restore your commercial or residential property after it has been flooded, suffered a fire, or it was damaged in a storm.
US Restoration provides services to the following locations: